Just because a knitter has a closet full of project bags, she should never hesitate to make another. After all, they use up small bits of hand spun yarn very nicely. Let us also not forget that multiple project bags mean that multiple projects will be accommodated.
I knit it a few days after posting the photo of the yarn. I has just taken me this long to get around to sewing the lining in.
I found the linen fabric at Purl Patchwork - the little blue cotton print was in the fabric stash.
It is easily tied to a belt loop for carefree knitting while in cafes or waiting in the grocery line.
I cast 4 stitches on a set of US size 8 DPN's and knit in the round, increasing 4 stitches in each
alternate round. (Oops, sorry! Your bag won't have a flat base if you increase on alternate rounds, do it every round!) Once the base was the desired size, I switched over to a circular and used the magic loop method, knitting until the sides seemed to be a respectable height. An i-cord bind off was used for the top edge. Finally there was a good dunk in a bath of Soak for some wet blocking.
I let the whole thing sit around the house for a few weeks, then sewed a lining and made an i-cord drawstring with some leftover sock yarn.
Diameter of base - 5"
Height of the sides to the i-cord bind off - 6 1/2"
Overall height - 11"
Length of i-cord drawstring - 26"