I've Been Tagged
Christy tagged me for the Seven Random Things About Me me-me.
I'm a pretty dull gal, so it hasn't been easy coming up with interesting random things, but here goes:
1. I love to do cartwheels, always have since I was a little kid. I used to do them through the house and drive my mom crazy. Now I still can't resist whenever I see an open field of grass, or that wet strip of sand just where the beach meets the waves. My girls love it when I do cartwheels. It cracks them up.
2. There are a lot of twins in the family. DD#1 & #2 aren't the only ones. My sister has twin daughters who are two years younger than mine and my dad is a twin. Two of my cousins also have twins. My girls are identical which are not the kind that are inherited, but my dad is a fraternal twin. I knew I was having twins weeks before the doctor figured it out. He thought I was crazy when I mentioned it, but I knew my body well enough to know that the second pregnancy was really different than the first.
3. DH's family is from India, although he was born in Pittsburgh. His heritage explains why my children look Italian despite my Northern European roots. When we are all sitting together on the beach, I am the one with the big hat, the umbrella and the SPF 55 while the rest of them just get browner and more beautiful by the minute.
4. I've had a hole in one. This is pretty funny since I am a really bad golfer. Many dedicated golfers play their whole lives without ever getting one. This fact is fun to bring up at DH's corporate parties where I earn brownie points with the "big boys".
5. In college I learned to blow glass. It is a wonderfully physical process. There is the heat of those blazing furnaces and the constant spinning of the blowpipe. I never got very good at it. I only successfully completed two or three projects. I'd love to get the chance to try it again someday.
6. I can't sing. People beg me to stop whenever I do. I've always wished I had a great voice. I'd sing like Ella Fitzgerald in smoky night clubs until the wee hours. My children are all blessed with lovely voices. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through them.
7. One thing that I haven't yet done, but would love to try is Masonry. I want to build a backyard fireplace. I envision myself sitting outside by the fire, late at night, looking at the stars and sipping wine.
I'm not going to tag anyone, because I think just about everyone has done this me-me. If you haven't and you want to, then tag-you're it!
The photos that accompany this post are of my parent's home and garden. On Monday the moving van will take away the last of their furniture. It has been and emotional and grueling process packing up our history. I feel lucky to have grown up surrounded by so much beauty. There are so many happy memories in this house.
My parents are both avid gardeners. My father spent years devoted to his hobby of Rhododendron hybridizing, and my mom still hybridizes daylilies when she has the time. As an adult, every time I would go to visit them in all but the foulest weather, I would find them in the garden when I arrived.