We finally got a bit of snow last night. Most winters we'd have had a couple of good storms by now. It was just enough for the high school to have a delayed opening.
That allowed some time to get the DS to model his new hat. We'll be making some modifications. It's a little pointy for his tastes.
I used the Ganomy hat pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac. My decreases didn't work out correctly. The side decreases ended up meeting at the center back before I reached the 14 stitches EZ ends her hat with. It was probably the Rowan Scottish Tweed Chunky (found in the sale bin at Purl for 40% off!) that I knit very tightly on size 9 needles messing up my row gauge. It'll be a warm hat though. The plan is to rip back to the beginning of the decreases and give it a more rounded crown.
I just love those tweedy colors!