August 31; 11:36 PM
The Jaywalkers are done. Just in time for UFO August to come to an end.
Pattern Grumperina's Jaywalker
Yarn Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock, color Vera
Below is my UFO August List, with the items I've finished crossed out. I finished a total of six. I'm pretty pleased with that. I will continue to work on the UFO's but not right away. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can cast on a new project. It'll definitely be the Swallowtail Shawl from the Fall Interweave. I've just seen too many gorgeous Swallowtails out there not to knit it.
1. "Lime and Violet", Jaywalker sock in my own hand painted yarn, 2nd sock 2. 2x2 ribbed sock for my dad's birthday, Koigu in a neutral color, 2nd sock 3. Birch, Rowan #34, Kidsilk Haze - graphite 4. Sock of my own design in Trekking - Greens and Pinks
5. Turbulence U-Neck Pullover from, Knitting Nature, Elann Sonata- bright blue
6. Another Jaywalker, this time in Lorna's Laces, color "Vera"
7. Raglan Body Hugger from Sally Melville's, The Purl Stitch, Red Butterfly Cotton
8. Hourglass Sweater, from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, Blue Noro Cash Iroha
9. Cabled Sweater of my own design, my own hand painted purple yarn
10. Trellis Scarf, Spring '06 Interweave, black lace weight from
Handpaintedyarn.com, now that I have my Knitpicks needles, the K7tog, TBL will be so much easier, I may actually finish this.
12. Fitted t-shirt, pattern generated from software at Art Fibers in San Francisco, Plum variegated cotton ribbon yarn from Art Fibers
Lace Leaf Scarf, from Vogue Knitting, Spring Summer '05, Green
Karabella Boise, 50/50 merino/cashmere, if you have never felt this
yarn, run, don't walk to the nearest store that sells Karabella, and
dive into a pile of it.
14. Flower Basket Shawl, Fall '04 Interweave (I think), in bright pink Silk/Cashmere hand painted yarn from School Products in NYC.
15. My own design, lace shawl, brown, 100% heavenly cashmere from Karabella
16. Bright Orange Fair Isle sweater of my own design - I love garish colors!
17. Lace scarf - stitch pattern similar to Cozy from Knitty. Knit with ombre orange/red yarn I purchased on my trip to Sweden this summer.
18. Blue striped legwarmer for DD#2