I ended up making two Mystery Shawls (which thanks to the wonderful suggestion of Gazby, is now named Germinate.) My first, the original prototype for the pattern, is knit in three lovely shades of Plucky Knitter Traveler Sport - Medieval, Icey Audrey, and Chlorophyll. My second version is completely different than the first. For Germinate #2 I went stash diving and picked out a skein of my own handspun - Blue Moon Fiber Arts Merino Roving in Rare Gems, and a skein of Baah! La Jolla (sorry, don't know the color on this one the label was very vague). This version was originally going to be a two color Germinate, where I played with the stripe sequence, but one of my stitch markers was a beautiful shade of aquamarine. That stitch marker looked so lovely with with the colors I was using for the shawl I couldn't resist finding a yarn in that shade for the border. So the two color shawl became a three color shawl with the addition of Fibre Company Canopy Fingering in the color Quetzal. For this version I decided to do a more basic bind off, since I decided that would look better with the modifications I made to the stripes.